Sunday, October 17, 2010

12 Days and Counting

Here we are, 12 days until the official due date, and nothing exciting happening yet. My heartburn has been pretty bad the past few days but other than that there's no indication that a baby is going to come any time soon. I guess for now he's content hanging out in his warm swimming pool.
We haven't done much this weekend as I have been instructed to take it somewhat easy and stay off my feet when I can to keep the swelling down. Today I was in the baking mood though and made a pumpkin/apple pie and two small cherry pies. Both tasted very yummy!

I found this great and easy recipe for pie crust that only has 4 ingredients and it seems to cook perfect every time! I hate nothing more than when the edge of the pie crust gets really brown or burns. This is just absolutely delicious!
Papa made crab fried rice today and it was so yummy. Next on the menu to make, and he's hoping to do it by the end of the night, banana pineapple bread! We bought pineapple as 1) I love pineapple and 2) some women say it helps to induce labor. We figured we would get some and give it a shot and we have some bananas that need used so why not make some banana pineapple bread. I'm anxious to try it!
Tomorrow we have our weekly prenatal appointment. I told the midwife on Friday that I would love to see him in the hospital before my appointment on Monday but at this point that hasn't happened and I don't see it happening so I guess we'll see him in the office tomorrow and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment