Sunday, May 15, 2016

'Mommy, it's your gradulation day!'

"Wake up buddy. It's time to get up, we have a busy day ahead of us!" "Mommy, it's your gradulation day!" Cutest thing I've heard him say in a long time........gradulation. He doesn't know it but he took congratulation and graduation and made up his own word, gradulation. I couldn't get enough of him saying that word all day long. He makes me smile.

Yesterday was a day that has been years in the making, literally. It was exactly five years ago to the day that I crossed the stage at my community college graduation and yesterday was the day I crossed the stage and earned my bachelors degree. So crazy that it finally happened, I finally made. I never thought this day would come. So many hurdles, ups & downs, challenges.......you name it. But I made it, I did it, and my boy was there to see me! I had to make sure he could spot me in the crowd of 1,106 graduates at the ceremony so I decorated my cap with something that's very fitting for him right now. I was Spider-Mom!
 Our day started out with a brunch for all the online graduates which ended up being a lot of fun. Even my boy got his own goodie bag filled with crayons and coloring pages. He was excited that he got a gift! After brunch we had a couple hours of down time before the ceremony so we rested of course as we knew the ceremony was going to be long, which it was! I managed to stick it out to the end, even though lots of other graduates left after they walked across the stage. It was a great day, it really was, and I'm very thankful and glad that I decided to walk. After all those years of work, I needed to do it and I wanted my boy to see my do it and know that you can do whatever you put your mind to, not matter how old you are!


2 comments:

  1. So very proud. You have worked so hard for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What a ride this has been but so worth it!

      Delete