Monday, June 6, 2016

Vacation........What's That?

I was driving home from work today and my head was spinning. So many things going on in our lives at the moment and in the next couple months it's going to get even crazier. My boy will be starting kindergarten in August which is going to be a big change for him and although I'm excited for him, it's still a lot for this mama to wrap around her head. How did he get this old? Other changes are happening that well which aren't as exciting as starting kindergarten but I'm doing my best to be ahead of those changes and prepare my boy in any way that I can. While driving home it hit me....we need a vacation. Like a REAL vacation. Not just an overnight trip somewhere for the heck of it and not to my son's favorite theme park of all time (and let's face it, that's not a vacation for me at all but a lot of work).

I have not had a 'real' vacation since September/October of 2009. That was before I even got pregnant! That was the best vacation I ever had. I traveled alone to Colorado and spent a couple days with family but then spent the remainder of my vacation alone. All. By. Myself. I did so many things by myself it was amazing. If I was late somewhere I had no one to blame but myself.

Reality is......no vacation in sight, not a real one anyways. I would love to go to Colorado to see family or to the beach where we can be beach bums all day long. Instead, we'll be doing the same old thing we've been doing which is working and daycare. Sounds exciting doesn't it? Someday..........someday we'll get that real vacation. Someday when I have a partner to share the load with we'll get a lot of things but until then, we'll just dream about a real vacation in our dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment